Consider the challenge of helping people at all hours of the day or night, seven days a week, in any kind of weather and under very stressful and emotional conditions. Imagine learning and developing skills to cope with a variety of situations that include: structure and wildland interface fires, emergency medical responses, hazardous materials spills and many other emergencies.
THE NATURE OF OUR BUSINESS
The fire and rescue service is one of the most diverse and challenging professions known today. It is this diversity that inspires most men and women to enter the profession, whether as a volunteer or a career employee.
Firefighting is not for everyone. You need more than just a desire to help people. You need courage, dedication, assertiveness, and the willingness to learn new skills and face new challenges. Committing to serve as a Volunteer Firefighter in our community is a serious decision. It should not be made lightly.
- Must pass a background check
- Must have a valid California Drivers License and a reliable vehicle for responding to the station
- Must live within the Ben Lomond Fire response district (We can help verify upon receipt of your Volunteer Interest Form being received.)
- Must be willing to respond at any time, day or night for any type of call
- Must be available for Tuesday night drills and occasionally other days as needed for training
- Must pass a physical agility test
If you believe you have what it takes to meet the challenges of our business, we welcome you to join us!
Most desirable qualifications include: medical training, fire experience, military experience, heavy equipment experience, trades experience. If you do not have these, no worries, training is provided for eligible candidates. Fill out and send in the Volunteer Interest Form to Recruitment Captain, Asher Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (831) 336-0300.